• You need a reservation on a piece of equipment to enter NIS.
• Every piece of equipment requires a reservation, including computers, throwing wheels, sewing machines, and worktables. If you have a reservation for a table in the big room, you do not have access to the wood shop.
• As always, reservations are done through Manage My Studio.
• You must enter through the main entrance (Entrance B) for daily screening. If the door is locked, ring the doorbell. You may not enter through the NIC Commons until you have been screened.
• Members and staff will wear a mask covering the nose and mouth. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
• Your temperature will be screened with a no-touch IR thermometer. If your temperature is 100.4 or higher, you will not be allowed to enter.
• Members and staff are required to wash hands with hand sanitizer or soap and water upon entry.
• Follow the designated path to the piece of equipment you’ve reserved. Do not entered the cordoned off area without a reservation.
• NIS no longer offers complimentary safety glasses. You may bring a pair from home or buy a pair when you arrive.
• Hand sanitizer, disinfectant, gloves, and soap dispensers are located throughout the Studio.
• You are advised to wipe down equipment before use.
• You must wipe down each piece of equipment after use. Failure to do so will result in a suspension of membership.
• Maintain social distancing at all times.
WOOD AND METAL SHOPS
• You may only use the equipment you reserved. If you reserved time in the woodshop, you may only use equipment you’ve been trained on. Same for the metal shop.
• Disposable, nitrile gloves are required in the wood and metal shops.
• A reservation in the wood shop includes the use of a work table in the big room.
• Two tables will be dedicated for glue ups.
COMPUTERS AND 3D PRINTERS
• Computers require reservations and are reservable through the Studio Manager.
• Computer keyboards are covered with plastic guards for easier cleaning between users.
• Members are required to wipe down computers after use.
• Gloves are required when operating 3D printers.
• If you are sick, do not come to NIS.
• If you test positive for COVID, you must let us know. We will alert others that a member has tested positive (without disclosing your name).
• Please notify NIS Staff with any concerns.
• All materials are still available for purchase. Signatures will no longer be required on credit card receipts. Checks are no longer accepted.
• The clock on your membership will not start until you return.
• If your membership was active when we closed, you will have the same amount of time remaining on your membership as you did when we closed.• The clock on everyone's membership will begin Jan. 1, 2021 (if you haven't returned prior).