Quilter's FMQ Meetup
The studio will be hosting an open-to-the-public discussion about Free Motion Quilting (FMQ) and Ruler work. We will go over putting the ruler base on the Longarm and some basic ruler / template options for use in your quilting designs. It's a fun way to expand your quilting designs.
Quilt Binding Workshop
Many quilters dislike binding because they’ve just finished the fun part of quiltmaking—piecing and quilting—and they just want to be DONE. They don’t know how to do the binding well enough to feel proud of their finished work. And for most of us, it’s easier to learn something when we can watch someone else do it.
In this 2 hour workshop you will learn to finish your binding by hand as well as a quick method to finish your binding by machine!
We will also cover:
• How to cut and prepare your binding
• How to bind using straight grain or bias binding, creating perfectly-mitered corners
• How to create lump-free binding corners
• How to attach your binding
• The secrets of hand binding that make it ‘sew’ much easier - which needles to use, how to tie a quilter’s knot, etc...
• Methods for finishing your binding on the back of your quilt
Supplies and samples are provided
This event is open to both members and non members so bring a friend!